Could I install stock Android 4.4 on HTC One X?

Alireza E November 2, 2013

I have rooted and unlocked my HTC One X today. I did this with no problem. I love latest version of Android. I currently have Android 4.2.2 installed by default. but i like to have Android 4.4 (stock Android that Google release it with no custom launcher and additional apps).

I have a question for you: Can I install Android 4.4 KitKat on my HTC One X? Or it cannot done and I have to use just a custom ROM, something like “ViperX 3.6.0”?

If it can be done, please show me how.

1. Rosepairs

Yes, You can. First you should connect your HTC One X to your computer . Then download the Android 4.4 0n your HTC files. After finished, you can installation. For most of the smartphones now can support android system. For more android phone, Lowest http://www.moonarstore.com/thl-brand-cell-phone-c-27_306.html $25 You can have a look.

If you want close to clean, bare stock android, then you would need to install a custom AOSP ROM. If possible, find a "slim," "clean," or "pure" AOSP 4.4 ROM. This would be the only way to have an unbloated and possibly the original Kit Kat launcher (there are ways to install the original android launcher to replace any custom or branded launcher (ie HTC Sense). Otherwise, wait for the official update, which would require you to find the official update download and manually install it through the custom recovery.

Since Kit Kat is a new release, and there isn't an official version for your phone, there may be performance issues and possible errors. Waiting for the bugs to work out, possibly with the official update release and the developers work out any kinks may be best. If you wish to just try Viper X, go ahead and see if you like it. If you don't like it or it doesn't work properly, just reinstall or install any ROM you like. Just use the custom recovery to make a backup so you can get back to where you last backed up the phone, settings and all.

Google seems pretty hyped about pushing out 4.4 to all handsets. The Verge just published an article on how the entire One X line will receive a 4.4 official update within the next three months:

http://www.theverge.com/2013/10/31/5052342/every-htc-one-in-north-america-will-have-android-kitkat-within-90-days

Don't worry about forcing an update, it will arrive on your phone without being a part of AOSP. Just wait it out.