Could a virus be stopping me from accessing Facebook?

Eliis V. December 15, 2012

I have tried all of these advice provided in the “How To Recover Your Facebook Account When You Can No Longer Log In How To Recover Your Facebook Account When You Can No Longer Log In How To Recover Your Facebook Account When You Can No Longer Log In Has your Facebook account been hacked or did you forget your password and can no longer access it? You are not alone! Dozens of people turn to us with similar questions every day. Unfortunately, the... Read More ” article but nothing worked for me. If I visit Facebook it gives me “HTTP error 500 (Internal Server Error)” messages.

Is it possible I have a virus that is preventing me from accessing the site? Can you help me solve this?

Please, help me! :)

Virus is nothing but a set of commands, if you may. It can control the way in which any application behaves on your system.

That said, it would be good if you could try accessing your FB account from a different machine. If that works, there is definitely an issue with your system. If not, the issue is with your FB account itself.

Hope this helps.

2. Kulwinder Rouri

Some viruses are made to block sites, you can scan for this. Try another browser or try by clearing cache memory.

3. Saurabh Kumar

Best thing is to clean cache.........
    I think virus can stop you from accessing particular websites.
    Hav u tried using differed browsers?

4. Ahmed Musani

check your host file as well.
    and then selecting hosts.
    open notepad with administrative privileges, go to the location above and check if is there. if yes erase it.
    that should fix it.

5. Mayur Godhani

Use online virus scanners,
    I suggested this because if virus is preventing your system to open facebook, this online virus scanners will detect it easily.

6. siddharth singh

yes a virus could possibly do that

7. Aniket Singh

yes some virus are there which block some site.......try c cleaner if the problem accur try another browser

8. luis donis

but will also be other things like we will have to clean cache

9. Âdil Farôôq

This may be because of Facebook DNS changes few days ago.
    So many peoples having trouble logging in it is a temporary issue as said by facebook officials.

10. James Maciel

A virus definitely could stop you from accessing a website. Check if any other websites are blocks which could help determine if it's virus related or not.

11. Roomy Naqvy

I am not sure if a virus can stop you from accessing facebook. Best to clean your cache.

12. Abba Jee

I would suggest you following steps
    (1) Clear your Browser's Cache
    (2)Delete your browser's cookies. Some 500 Internal Server Error issues can be corrected by deleting the cookies associated with the site you're getting the error on.
    After removing the cookie(s), restart the browser and try again
    (3) Try to browse site by its IP Address instead, The best way to find contact information for a website is through a WHOIS search, using the domain name (e.g. as your search term.
    Kindly feed back if it didn't fix for you

13. Fawad Mirzad

Yes virus can do any thing once they infected your system. but before that you may press CTR+F5 to ensure that you got all data , if did not worked clear you cache. if not helped let me know.

14. Ashwin Ramesh

Did you try clearing your browser cache?