How can I copy&paste pictures from websites to Microsoft Word 2007?

Ghodke April 21, 2012

I am using Microsoft Word 2007 in Windows 7. Whenever I try to copy content with pictures from website to Word, it only shows texts and picture field keeps blank.

I have tried solution such as un-checking ‘placeholder picture’ option, but it didn’t work. I even tried to uninstall and reinstall Word, but it didn’t work either.

What can I do to be able to copy&paste pictures from websites to Microsoft Word 2007?

1. kumar raja

Its Simple Right Click on the Image and select 'Save Picture as' and select where to save or u can copy the image and paste in word

2. Carol

For online tutorials I find Cutepdf a big help. You need Adobe Reader as well, but most folks already have that. Cutepdf installs as a printer, and will "print" / save the webpage as a pdf file.
    http://www.cutepdf.com/products/cutepdf/writer.asp
    This is also great to put on laptops generally, since a pdf is a pretty universal format, and so often you would like to print with a laptop, but have no printer.

3. jhpot

The problem is you're trying to take code written to be displayed on a web browser and copy it to a program designed with largely pre-Internet uses in mind: a word processor. You're not copying the image: you're copying the code that refers to the image, and that's why it's not showing up.

So, you can first copy the text, then individually save the images to your computer, then add them to the word document. If you want to regularly save articles you find on the web to Word, that's what you're to have to do.

Alternatively, you can use a program built to grab articles from the web. Evernote makes this process as simple as a single click, and the result is a lot easier to browse than a series of word documents. That's what I do.

• subodh

hello jhpot
      I unable to view website images in ms word 2007.

• subodh

I cant view images mean even I have tried it copying individually still same problem occurred.

• jhpot

So you save the image to your hard drive, then manually add it, and it won't show up? If that's the case you should probably reinstall Office.
          But seriously: try out Evernote if you regularly copy articles for reference later. It's hard to beat for that.

if you use a clipboard manager then perhaps this solve your problem.
    also perhaps the photo is protected
    i tried some on chrome rightclick-copyimage-then on word CTRL+V

• subodh

ha14
      problem is I cant paste website content in word 2007
      for eg. In a website tutorials are available with image so when I copy that content in my word 2007 after pasted, it only shows text and image field keeps blank cant view image instead there is empty box exists.
      I have tried by unchecking 'show picture placeholder' option but it didn't work.
      Before this I was able to it.

How To Use Image Placeholders to Display Documents Faster in Word
        http://www.geekhowtos.com/how-to-use-image-placeholders-to-display-documents-faster-in-word/

Perhaps the problem comes from the browser, do you have the same symptoms with other internet browsers.

Do you have this same problem of image from other sites.

can you try a clipboard manager to see at least if the picture is copied to the clipboard? If not you cant paste image. So then There is a problem with Windows Clipboard.

• subodh

thanks for reply
          As per above link I have tried that solution
          and about browsers I have tried using firefox but same problem occurred and also with another sites, before this problem I was able to copy & paste website content in ms word.