How to copy virtual machine files of Ubuntu to a dual boot?

Suhel September 21, 2011

I’m running Ubuntu on my VM (without Unity). Now am planning to install it as a secondary boot of my PC. My question is, how do I get the whole virtual machine thing on my boot CD?

Am asking it because while and after installing Ubuntu, it downloaded a whole lot of files (around 200MB). I have a limited internet usage and I cant afford to download everything again. So is there any way?

Also I’d like to ask, will I be able to access other drives when running Ubuntu, e.g. E drive contains all my documents and media files?

1. Suhel

I'd tried it the first time but it didnt work

2. ConleyZ

You could pull all of the documents onto a flash drive from within your VM (since they are only 200'MB' and a 4096'MB') flash drive costs only ~8-10$ and do a full reinstall, course, that involves you having the installation disc to do the install.

Personally I only know it the other way around but I did find a thread that explains one possibility which works according to the author.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3269792/convert-vm-to-native-dual-boot

• Suhel

I cant seem to get a word of the link :(