How to do copy and paste from Facebook on iPhone or iPad?
Question by A.Razzak Mohamed /

• Fionaclarke

Excellent, been trying to do this for ages.

• Karina

@ John Hutton:

Thank you sooo very much! I’ve been looking for a way to get my normal Facebook back for what seems like ages now! I really hate mobile Facebook for the copy/paste issue, and, you know… a few other things. But it seems to me that I’ve been just blind and couldn’t see that “Desktop Site” in a fairly small print at the bottom of the option column. So… thanks, again! Now I found what I was looking for! Yaaaay! :)

• John hutton

Go to fb safari site,go to the left hand section ie newsfeed,messages and chat column,scroll right to the bottom and click the small print “desktop site” it works fine there on iPhone 4s

• Jewie

Also you can go to desktop site on top right with safari Facebook and then you can do it but the page lags a bit on desktop site

• Elber

I know right this dont let me copy and paste on facebook thats so dumb

• Jewie

Its random, very few rare occasions it let’s you do it, I just keep pressing the text an sometimes it comes up but be carefull not to tap again as it goes off :(

• Heray Farzan

I had the same problem and I tried Opera and it worked

• Carol

This is so very annoying and Facebook need to allow this on their does not work on the app nor via safari …so much for convenience on the go!

• Diane

I’ve been wondering that too. It’d be really helpful. And jay, on fb mobile and the facebook app, neither will allow you to highlight text in my experience.

If I understand oyur question, you want to copy the text,
    just tap on the text you see and you will be able to copy.
    you will have to select the text with your fingers, like you do on a laptop using touchpad.

and it will show the options.
    it is simple,but  if you want details read it: