Is this copy of MS Office 2010 Professional genuine?

Gop12 June 22, 2011

I came across this item (MS Office Professional 2010 Box Pack COA) on eBay (India) from the following link:

http://cgi.ebay.in/GENUINE-MICROSOFT-OFFICE-PROFESSIONAL-2010-BOX-PACK-COA-/180685794423

It’s written there “3 USER 3 PC LICENSE. 1 LICENSE KEY VALID FOR 3 COMPUTER”. The seller is offering this for INR 8,699 i.e. USD 193 approx.

Can someone please tell me whether it can be a genuine product or not.

Further, if I receive the product how will I know after installation whether its a genuine copy or not. According to the seller it will install in 3 different PCs together genuinely.

Eagerly waiting for your advice.

Yes, it COULD be a genuine product of course. It's also quite likely it isn't. 

• Gop12

Hi James can you please tell me how a genuine product can be available for so low?

The pricing of products is not equivalent from country to country.  Look at pharmaceuticals.  Much of the development cost is taken up by the countries with more economic strength, primarily the US, which explains why a drug that costs over $100 for a 30-day supply here can be less than $10 in Mexico.  The same is true for almost all products, including computer software.

2. Vincent Tsie

It's better if you buy MS Office 2010 in the shop, you never know that the programs on eBay are real or fake.