How can I copy material from my Macbook to my Packard Bell Studio HD Edition Media Centre?

Ali Balunywa February 7, 2011

I recently bought a Packard Bell Studio HD Edition Media Centre to enable me copy movies and photos from my Macbook to watch on television and also act as a backup. The media centre is recognized by the laptop, but I cannot copy any material to the Packard Bell HDD.

Hello, Have you tried logging in as root in Mac to see if it makes a difference?

-- Try to enable the root account
    -- log out
    -- log in as root
    -- unplug your media center
    -- plug your media center back in
    -- Try to check if you can copy a file there, if not
    -- See if you can edit/change the permissions to write and read

Have you checked the setting for backups? Maybe it is pointing to the wrong path? just and idea....

I couldn't find any real manual online but I assume you have to connect the Studio HD to your MacBook using an USB cable to copy files onto the internal Hard Drive.

The network interface (wired and/or wireless) purpose seems to be accessing DLNA services on your network from the Studio HD, not to access the Studio HD Hard Drive itself.