How can I copy a copy protected DVD?
Question by silvester k philip /

How can I copy a copy protected DVD? When I try to copy a copy protected DVD, Windows shows that it’s unable to copy it. Please recommend a free software to copy a protected DVD.

Browse other questions & answers in the category , ; tagged , , ; or ask your own question.

DVD43: http://www.dvd43.com/ – it removed encryption from dvds so regular ripping apps can work just fine. 

• Silvesterkphilip

Thanks,its working…Thank you very much..bye

DVDFab is an option.  It doesn’t appear to have been upgraded recently so it may not be able to deal with newer copy protection schemes.  WinX DVD Ripper is more current.

• Jeffery Fabish

Which operating system are you using? I’m going to assume you use Windows. Karl Gechlik already wrote an article, read it here and Varun Kashyap wrote another one here.

Finding competent DVD Copying software free (as in beer) is hard with companies using sophisticated security procedures & encryption techniques on their disks, no one wants to do this work for free. 

If the articles linked to above don’t help, for Windows use DVDShrink and follow this tutorial

• Silvesterkphilip

thanks… UltraISO is working..bye

• ksbwings

Jeffery Fabish; you are right about the patch.  but As you know; when running crack or patch ; it’s better to turn off the anti-virus during installation. 
      As for you DVDShrink; it also works.  Anyway; thanks for ur comment. 

• Jeffery Fabish

Yeah, nice. He’s infected now. 

I’ll see you back here in a few days trying to remove that malware, Silver. 

Thanks Jeffery, I’ve removed the original link he posted and banned his ass.  I can’t believe someone would try that, good catch man.

• Silvester K Philip

can u give the name of any free software to copy cds not dvds.

• Silvesterkphilip

dear jeffery i had kaspersky security so no problem,but the part of ur advice i remove the software. now i download winx dvd that copy protected dvd s,and no virus. but i cant copy cds means vcds with that software , how i can copy cd is any good free software for vcd copying.bye hope ur reply.thanks 4 ur spending time.

Use Alcohol 120% with RMPS option

Thanks for the catch Jeffery!