How can I convert SWF files to EXE files?

Ray October 12, 2011

I want to play SWF games in EXE format, so I can play them without opening a browser.

1. Tushar

the best way is to change its extension.
    if it doesn`t work, download this software from-

2. JohnDepth

Mmmm... You should use flajector.
    I hope it helps you :)

@c95f0c1b9b5a16711ecfcfc7f0ccfa99:disqus tried and tested now, (played a game)

download the following player :

open the player,
    open the swf files with it and play.

Just change your swf file properties to open with flash player from the list.

So you dont need to convert them to exe.
    (To convert swf to exe, you will have to import it into Flash and publish it.
    You will have to download flash for this.)

You can use SWF to EXE which is web based. 

However you can view SWF files on your desktop (without a browser) using an SWF player, such as Swiff.

• Raynol1991

I've found this website before, is there any software that can convert swf to exe file? so I do not need to upload and download it again.

• Jeff Fabish

The preferred method is to download Flash Project Content Debugger, once installed open it. From the file menu chose "Open" -> Then chose the SWF file. Once it's opened, go to File - Create Projector then press "Save". Then open that directory and an executable of the SWF should be there. 

However other utilities exist, such as SWF to EXE (desktop application) and SWF Kit.