How can I convert PDF files to edit the font and convert them back to a PDF file on a Mac?

John December 28, 2010

I’m using a Mac (10.63) and I cannot find a single way to convert a PDF just to resize the font and then change it back to a PDF.

I’ve found quite a few “free” OCR tools, but they are not very good. The OCR built into my computer places a “new line” at the end of each line, meaning that if I resize the text it won’t let me wrap the lines to form cohesive paragraphs.

In short, I’m looking for a way to get PDF’s into an easily editable form.

1. Fiona Gina

If you don't mind the a little watermark at the bottom of front page, you can learn some skills about useing an editor to change font in PDF file
    In my opinion, converting pdf to a word document will definitely wreck the formatting and extensive box in a pdf form.  So when you export to a pdf again, the fom is not a standard one as original anny more. Bad for acceptance.

2. Fiona Gina

A direct tool named pdf editor you can search for some in Google, it enables you to edit the font without converting to other format. Editing in the PDF file like you do in a word processor.  

If only it was free...

3. john

found an old topic with a link to Calibre (i believe this was the one you were talking about), works perfect and it does the best job with keeping formatting on a pdf (that i've found).

highly recommended

It would be good to know which free tools you tried already so we can rule them out as a solution to your problem.

Anyway, there are various online converters which work pretty good
    e.g. http://www.pdftoword.com

* maybe Tina or someone else can post a link to one of the previous Answers where we had quite a list of those converters (couldn't find it right now)