Can you help me convert an iTunes audio book to remove the DRM?

Darren Reynolds September 18, 2012

Hello,

I need some help to remove the DRM from an audio book. My mum bought this a couple of years ago when she was visiting my sister in Canada as my sister had bought her an ipod. When they purchased it, it was on my sisters iPod account. Now my mum is an iPod lover and has her own account and loves her books, however Im always getting a call saying “that book has disappeared again”.

So I thought (not being an Apple user) that I would have a look and see if it can be converted.

I found that using Audials one [which i have thanks to MakeUseoF ;) ] that I can do this using the Tunebit Virtual CD.

So, called my sister last night, got her iTunes password so that I can authorise the machine, loaded the book which is in 7 parts. As instructed I added the first part to a playlist. Right clicked on it and selected Burn Playlist to Disc.

I get the options up and select the Tunebit CDR etc and clicked Burn

But then I get the following message:

The songs in this playlist will not fit on one Audio CD.
Do you want to create multiple Audio CDs with this playlist split across them?
This will require more than one blank CD to complete.

When I click continue, the process carries on but in Audials I get two files where it has split the original. Now this isn’t necessarily a problem however its not an equal split, for example: the last 30 seconds of the end of the first file is the same 30 seconds of the start of the second file (I sure hope that made sense).

So can anyone out there help or advise if this can be overcome?

1. Dennis Sebenick

Audiobook Converter is an all-in-one AA Converter that can convert any audio books which could be played on iTunes. The conversion is 5X speed fast, and output could be CD Quality.
    It converts any purchased Audiobooks from iTunes or Audible on MAC OS X to MP3 or AAC files.

http://www.makeuseof.com/answers/convert-itunes-audio-book-remove-drm/

2. vacances au vietnam

I enjoy, cause I found just what I used to be looking for. You have ended my 4 day long hunt! God Bless you man. Have a nice day. Bye

3. Shirley

Why not try Noteburner? I have been using its Audiobook Converter for years. It's easy even for newbies. Check it here: http://www.noteburner.com/mac-audiobook-converter.html

4. Mohit Kumar

Buy Android or Amazon's product.

It is time to dump overpriced Apple.

5. michael lochtefeld

Will it let you burn the file to a flash drive?
    If it is to large for a cd you could try that. Alternatively you could burn to a dvd since it offers more space.

• Darren Reynolds

Michael, the cd drive I'm trying to burn it to as part of the process is a virtual one.

6. raj gopal

sorry mate, just not possible...
    but if you like then you could convert audio book to mp3,....etc using converters
    (check Google)
    so DRM removed by default