Is there a way to convert icalendar .ICS file to .PST Outlook calendar data file?

MSM March 2, 2010

I’m using Microsoft Outlook 2010 (beta) on a Windows XP PC and want to include tide data in my Outlook calendar. I would like this tide data to be displayed in my primary Calendar in Outlook, not as a separate calendar – I just want 1 calendar in Outlook.
I have obtained the tide data in an icalendar file or .ICS format for each day during 2010. It would be easier if I could incorporate this tide data into Outlook as a .PST file (Outlook data file).

Is it possible to convert a .ICS file into a .PST file?

I have tried to find a utility or program that will do this conversion but I cannot locate anything.

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

1. Dbemowsk

A PST file is an outlook post office file. This is not the format you want to convert to. If you go into your outlook calendar and click on an event, then select the appointment tab at the top. At the top left, click on forward, and select "as iCalendar" from the dropdown. and forward that message to yourself. Compare the differences in your tide data ics files, to your newly created outlook exported ics file.

Outlook uses a few different entries in their .ics files v.s. standard .ics files. Check kout this blog entry and you should be able to figure it out.
    http://www.terminally-incoherent.com/blog/2008/04/14/generate-outlook-calendar-events-with-php-and-icalendar/

Dan B

You should be able to export as ical files and import into Outlook 2010.