How can I convert gif images to Word or PDF format?

jibin varghese September 19, 2010

Is there any software to convert a gif image to a PDF or Word document? Will it be available as freeware?

1. suresh k

suresh
    sir, wanted to cnvert french script mt giff and tiff images to ms word please help me

2. Shilpa

supply link for converting gif file to doc file and this file can be edit in word

3. anil kumar

is there any software to convert GIF to word???

Anil,

that would be a strange software! GIF is an image file type and Word is a text file type. Why would you want to convert one to the other? Maybe you should submit this as a new question.

• jyothireddy

send me a message to me
      qc4html@gmail:disqus .com 
      i wil give u all the details

• Sagisekhar

hi
      i want o gif image convert to word document plz send me sagisekhar@gmail.com

• Qc4html

yeh there is software 
      qc4html@gmail.com

4. Rabindrapogal 93

How can I convert gif images to text file

You could try Windows Journal.

If that's not what you're looking for please ASK a new question. Thank you!

6. Vgmathew09

what is the name of the software that converts handwritten scan image to word document.

7. vishwanath

hello sir:
    this vishwanath from shimoga karnataka , plz solve my problem
    how to convert the GIF image file to ms-word

Jibin, just to clarify what the others are saying, you need to open the GIF in an application (anything that can display GIF files will do), and 'print' it using the PDF creation software (like Josh and for the same reasons, PDFCreator is my preferred PDF writer, but other packages will do the job just as well). The PDF writer will prompt you for a file name and will then save the 'printed' output as under that name.

9. Josh Fox

Like the comments above mentioned, a virtual PDF printer would do the trick. Aibek mentioned doPDF, which looks very good, but I prefer PDFCreator available from pdfforge.org because of the extensive options it offers, including options to manage size vs. quality settings. It's a considerably heavier download size though (doPDF = ~4MB | PDFCreator = ~17MB), but that's where all the extra features and options come in. I guess the choice would be based on what you need now or expect to need in the future.

As far as converting it to a word document, most modern word processors (MS Word, OpenOffice.org, Abiword, etc.) are capable of embedding the image into the resulting file once it is placed into the document, so all you would have to do is insert the image, or even drag and drop the image file into to open document.

10. Marco

All you need is a virtual PDF printer.