How can I convert an EPUP ACSM eBook to PDF?
Question by kobi /

I downloaded a book that was only in EPUP acsm and I need to convert it to PDF to read it on my Nook.

Browse other questions & answers in the category , ; tagged , , , ; or ask your own question.

• Margot

Hi I would like to convert my EPUB acsm to pdf I would like to print pages as its actually a workbook

• Ghamilton001

I am trying to download an EPUB book.  I have downloaded the Adobe Digital Editions as instructed.  When I try to download the book it tells me the book is not a support file. It is an ACSM file.  I thought that was why I downloaded the Adobe Digital Editions software.  Any suggestions on what I am doing wrong

• Peter Bartell

Just spent about an hour with this idiotic bs.  But I ended up with a readable ebook.
      1. Download Adobe Digital Editions
      2. Install (this can be a problem too, but you have it installed)
      3. Right click on the .acsm file
      4. Click Open with >
      5. Click Other Programs
      6. Chances are ADE will not be listed.  Click Browse
      7. Browse to something like C:ProgramsAdobeADE
      8. Click on the .exe file in the folder you browsed to

Then like magic ADE will pop open and tell you to hang tight while it downloads your book, converts it, and in a minute or two you will be happily reading, and steps 1 thru 8 will seem like a bad dream, soon to fade from memory…

Thank you for sharing your solution, Peter!

• Julie

heavens – I am so frustrated.  I bought an Ereader – Mebook touch.  Says it reads EPUB but when I download I have this acsm file and it will only open on my pc with adobe digital editions.  Can someone help me….. please.  I dont’ know if I can put this file on my ereader…. I have tried, but nothing works and now I am getting crossssssssss!!!

Julie,

I recommend that you ask a new question because this thread is rather old and you are not likely to receive a fresh answer.

• CheetahDeals Blog

How freaking ridiculous. I bought a bunch of Google ebooks because I thought they were ePub. (I know that my ignorance is my fault.) I don’t get it, still. Disappointed.

• jhpot

You can convert the book to PDF using Calibre, the ultimate ebook manager.

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/calibre-ebook-management-synchronization-software-multi-os/

But, seeing as the Nook can read EPUBs, I highly recommend that you simply transfer the file to your Nook as-is. EPUBs work much better than PDFs on ebook readers like the Nook, because they don’t have pre-set pages. Instead, their content is automatically made into pages that match exactly the size of your screen and your choice of font. You’ll find this a much less stressful way to read than PDFs, which are intended more for printing than for reading on a screen.

Anyway, whatever you decide to do, Calibre is the tool to do it with. Enjoy!

• jhpot

I’m an idiot, and just noticed the “ACSM”. This is protected file, and you’re going to need Adobe Digital Editions to use it.

http://www.adobe.com/products/digitaleditions/

Sadly you cannot convert this file, but you should be able to transfer it to your Nook with this tool. Sorry about the confusion.

• Ellgormley

I downloaded the Adobe Edition, and yet, I still cannot get the .ACSM file to add into the library. I saved the .acsm file to my desktop, but when I try to add it to the library on Adobe, it doesn’t come up as an option.

• Frankie Bishop

- There’s a myriad of free file converters on-line as web apps and open source. Just put into search, ‘ open source web based file converter conversion’. You can try these on this page too:

http://www.fileguru.com/apps/epub_converter_to_pdf