How can I convert my broadband connection to WiFi?

Kshitij Nikhal August 9, 2011

How can I convert my broadband connection into WiFi? I have a direct cable coming to my computer. Can I convert it into WiFi?

1. J

I am staying at a hotel for six month, my room does not have Wifi, I need to plug in the wire to get online, I want to bring my laptop to use every in the room, anything I can do?

• Oron

You need a wireless access point. There are some units sold under that description, while others, including some eithernet-wireless bridges and the so-called "mobile routers" have a "Wireless access point mode". Check the description carefully before you buy, since many broadband routers cannot be used in that way.
      Once you have such a device, you need to configure the wireless side. You need to give the access point a name (SSID) and set up the security, encryption (e.g. WPA2/PSK) and password. Then you simply plug the unit into the hotel's wired network and you can access it from your laptop wirelessly!

2. Baked420

i got digital broadband and i cant use it with my playstation3 so i need to convert it to normal non digital broadband, can i just buy a router for that

3. Pitsamai

I has router(1 PC connect) and wifi....when am on some time connect some not...make me mad.How can i fix.  I try many way but same (am in Thailand) try another laptop  it work.(I has 2 laptop(wifi) and 1 PC ) some one help me please.(Windows 7) am sorry my English not good.

If you don't want to buy a wireless router and your computer has a wireless adapter, you can use Connectify to turn your computer into a WiFi hotspot so any wireless devices you have can go through that to access the internet.

5. Rodrigo

Yes, all you need is to buy a wireless router. Just ask for one in your local electronics store, and they wil probably provide it for you. Once you have bought it, basically, just take the cable that goes into your computer and plug it into the "Wan" port in the back of the wireless router. There are some advanced settings you can tweak (and some that you must tweak, like security password), but that depends on which brand you buy.

Hope this helps

• Highrisk Vivek

hey can i share  my brodband connection to my mobile