How can I best convert articles to PDF on a Mac?

Pam Clise January 18, 2011

First, thank you for the MAC PDF info on your site. It seems clear, yet I
need to verify the process before I begin. I know very little about PDF
files and am a neophyte when it comes to computers. Your patience is
appreciated.

I have approximately 100 articles that are 3-4 pages in length that I need to convert (every page) into PDF files for a printing process.

Can I keep each multiple page article together and in order of all articles by doing the merge system you describe? That will be 300-400 pages
that I want to merge together (at this moment it seems overwhelming).

Do I name each and every PDF page?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Pam

Hi Pam,

Did you find the suggestions above helpful? Let us know.

Aibek

Hi Pam,

To merge multiple documents into one single PDF, you need to convert them into PDFs then combine them into one by dragging and dropping each file into the main article in the order that you want. (Or you could combine them into one single document first then print the result as PDF).

No need to rename as long as you put them in the right order. All you need is patience - considering the number of articles that you need to drag and drop :).

If the order of the articles is not important, you could use Automator to speed up the process. There's an Automator action called "Combine PDF pages" that you can use.

Pam,

which article did you read?

I found two on MakeUseOf that cover PDF edition / Preview on the Mac:
    How To Easily Create & Annotate PDF Documents [Mac]
    How To Create, Merge and Split PDF Documents On A Mac

I contacted both authors and I'm sure they will comment here to help you out.