Why do conversations disappear in Yahoo Messenger?

Osama Javaid January 31, 2011

Recently, I installed the latest version of Yahoo Messenger recently. Now whenever I chat with someone, although I can send or receive chats – it goes on pressing ‘send’ and also I get a new chat msg pop-up on receiving – the whole conversation, which should be appearing in the chatbox, does not appear. I re-installed Yahoo Messenger, but still the problem is there.

1. Chit Chata

You should try a very handy tool YM BugFix at http://funtools.kgnsoft-in.com/

Its very user friendly just one click and your problem is fixed.

Even you you don't need any download if you are familiar with regist, there easy steps you can try there.

Must try

chit.chat
    a

2. Osama

that method worked....yahoo messenger is showing chat conversations now.

Hey Osama,

Have you tried the tip mentioned above (from Xxx)? please let us know if it worked for you.

Aibek

4. Xxx

Romanian guys just rule. I have tried millions of times to solve my problem and couldn't. And here i find a site that i thought to try, but never really believed in it until i was shocked: it actually works.
    So: go to run-regedit-HKEY_CURRENT_USER:Software-Microsoft-Windows-Current Version-Internet Settings- and here u find a folder called Zones which u will delete. After this u can open your messenger and voila, it works. Thanks str3zaflorin!!!

A Guess
    This error often occurs because you are using a third party skinning application that modifies the Windows Look/Interface. You need to either remove the program, or open the settings, and disable the skinning of Yahoo! Messenger / YPager in the skinning application's settings.

Two known programs to cause this are Window Blinds and AlienGUIse. Window Blinds has a "per application" setting to override this.

or
    downgrade to an older version of Messenger

in case virus infection
    this problem came up again due to virus infection. in can be fixed through deleting extra key in registry setting. navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings then delete keys other than 0,1,2,3,4. that extra key may be alphabet "I" .

or
    You possibly have scripting disabled in Internet Explorer.
    To Enable your Scripting:
    Click Tools, >>Click Internet Options, >>Click Security tab, Click Custom Level.
    now, Scroll down to
    Script ActiveX controls marked safe for scripting - check it to Enable
    Scroll to Scripting - Active Scripting - Check Enable
    Click Apply then Click OK
    CLick OK again.
    now, REstart your Internet Explorer.
    if this is still not working, Update the Software.

After Updating, check that you do not have old versions of Flash Player, Shock Wave player and Java ...this causes problems.
    Start/Control Panel/ Programs
    delete the old versions

6. Osama

command is not working and java is already up-to-date

Are you running on Windows XP? There are known problems using the latest Yahoo! Messenger if your Java Installation is outdated
    http://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?page=content&y=PROD_MSNG_MSNG11&id=SLN467

There are also suggestions to run the following two commands.
    - click on Start > Run (Windows-Key + R)
    - enter one command at a time and execute it

regsvr32 jscript.dll /s
    regsvr32 vbscript.dll /s

If this doesn't help you may have to clear your entire Message Cache as described in the following Yahoo! Messenger 10 article:
    http://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?page=content&y=PROD_MSNG_MSNG10&id=SLN237