Where can I control the settings of my MakeUseOf Profile?

Rajaa Chowdhury September 23, 2012

If required, then where than I change the weird masked profile picture that is associated with me. Also, if I want to delete my profile, how can I do that?

1. Erlis Dhima

We all want a button where we can control our settings.. It's not that fun, seeing only the profile points, and log in & log out setting...

• Erlis Dhima

Also, I'm tired of cleaning every time I have to log in the cache of the browser.. It's not fun.. It's boring! I will try to use chrome.. Maybe there, there is no problem.. But, I hate chrome. I want this bug to be fixed and use like usually Firefox.. I think that there are others that have the same problem..

Yes. I too face the same problem, as when I login to MakeUseOf using my Facebook ID and after doing everything when I logout, my facebook still remains logged in. So then I visit Facebook, complete what I have to do and then logout of Facebook. I am using Chrome latest version, so I do not think a switch for you to Chrome will really help as it seems more of a MakeUseOf issue than browser issues.

• GrrGrrr

agree, the logout does not work properly. I' using Chrome and the only way is clear cache/cookies.

Amen!

• bonioloff

I am really agree with you... I also face this almost every time i close my browser, i need to clear my cache..

Tina's right, deleting accounts is not something we support right now, but we can do this manually for you.

The profile picture is taken from your connected social account, unfortunately Google doesn't currently supply this. I'm working on a way to let you change this from a control panel or something.

• HLJonnalagadda

It would be wonderful if there was a feature like that, from which we could control settings.

• GrrGrrr

agree a control panel would be great to have.

James, for me the picture from Twitter isn't taken either. It was working in the beginning but changed back to some default picture about a month or so ago.

Sorry, posted before finishing ~ the picture is displayed in the actual posts but it is neither on the "top users lists" nor in the top right profile section.

This is exactly what is happening with me too. The facebook profile picture shows in the actual posts, however, in the top lists and the right hand corner, this weird mask comes which I have started to hate now. :)

Rajaa,

Which account did you use to log into MakeUseOf? We have social login and your profile picture is pulled from whatever account you used to log in, e.g. Facebook or Twitter or Google. You have to change your picture there to change it on MakeUseOf.

Presently, I think you cannot delete your account yourself. However, in special cases we can delete accounts per request. Send an email to tina at this website.