Can I control my laptop with remote device?

karthik May 23, 2010

I was running Windows7 professional. It has got 3GB RAM. Is it possible to control my laptop with with remote device like Bluetooth-enabled phone or anything else?

1. deep

nokia 6600 is a mobile phone which has got infrared in it...try wid dat if u have...

2. Pawan

nice question

3. Graham

Use a sony ps3 remote, google for the homebrew drivers :)

4. Sudhan Thiran

IVT Bluesolil.
    Controls the mouse cursor,media player& powerpoint presentations.

We covered a couple of remote control apps for iPhone and Windows Mobile users.

Windows Mobile -> How To Control Your PC from Windows Mobile Cell Phone.

iPhone -> The 7 Best Free Remote Control Apps for the iPhone

If you want a simple bluetooth remote control using your cell phone via bluetooth, you might want to try Salling Clicker (not free). I've tried the app with my Mac, but I believe they have the Windows version.

There are also devices that specially built as a computer remote control. Usually used for power point/keynote presentation. I've seen people using one of them. The devices can do basic up-down-left-right and click, and it has laser pointer.

7. nm

What kind of phone will you be using? That will definitely help point you in the right direction of an app that will work for you.

8. Steve Campbell

Yes. With your phone you could probably download an app that lets you control your laptop through a virtual private network. Just research bluetooth network apps and see what you can find.