How can I best have continuous access to the files on my Juke Box?

wayne morris March 10, 2011

I’m using a 1TB HP Personal Media Drive (my Juke Box) to store .wav music from CDs, LPs etc. I will back it up! But I also want to continuously have access to the contents of my Juke Box. Which would be better for continuous us, another off-the-shelf external HD or an internal HD placed in a external case?

I'm not quite sure how an external HDD is different from your HP HP Personal Media Drive.

In general both options are fine
    The benefit of using an external enclosure and a bulk Hard Disk is that you can look for an enclosure with good thermal design and a drive designed for 24 hour usage.

Personally I can suggest the inXtron SK-3500 series (www.inxtron.com) and iomega UltraMax series (www.iomega.com). We have been using both of these as a backup drives for our smaller servers.

• Morwayne

Thanks Mike. Just wanted an opinion: if an internal drive in an external enclosure would be more reliable than an external drive.