Why is the content of folders deleted from my pen drive and why is WinZip not working?

Saurabh October 29, 2011

I am using a 32 GB pen drive. When I copy files onto pen drive it works fine. But if I copy the files into folder, the folder becomes empty when I re-insert the pen drive, i.e. after ejecting and again inserting it.

Also, the WinZip is not working. It gives a message ‘The disk in drive F does not contain a complete zip file.’

If the pendrive is KINGSTON and you purchased at a low cost, forget it, you are the victim of this fraud.
    Else,
    go to tools > folder option >> and select to show hide files
    and select show protected files below.

This will show the files in the folder if pendrive is affected by virus and it hid the files.
    Are you suing an updated antivirus ?
    Scan it with an updated antivirus either on your or a friends pc.

Format the pendrive. and check if the problem is still there.

I repeat, if the pen-drive is KINGSTON pendrive, forget it.
    Go and buy a new one.

Hello, winzip is working, what is happening is that the file you are trying to unzip is not complete.  Does it happen with every file you try to open or just with one?  Have you tried opening a different file with winzip?

When you transfer the files, try using the "safely eject media" feature. It sounds like you're not letting the operation complete.