How do I contact a friend on Facebook if they won’t accept my friend request?

Anonymous April 14, 2014

One week back I found my a classmate’s ID on Facebook. I have sent her friend requests, even messages, but she doesn’t respond. When I search her name it shows 2 mutual friends but when I open her ID, the friend list shows up empty.

I need to talk to her on a serious matter and her Facebook ID is my only hope. Please help me regarding this!

The whole idea of "Friends" on FB is that you can control who you want to be in touch with there. There's no way to force your way through. As Dragonmouth says, if she's your classmate, try talking to her!

2. Ryan D

The problem is that non-friends can send messages to people, but those messages go in another area where people don't always see the messages right away. So don't take it personally that they didn't respond - she may not have seen it.

Other ideas:

- Check the profile information. Even though you're not friends, people often leave basic contact information visible to the public, so there still may be other forms of contact.
    - Google search her - she may have a blog or a website with contact information. She may be affiliated with a group or organization where contact information is listed.
    - If it's a truly serious matter, contact one of your mutual friends and ask them to tell her that you have something important to discuss with her, and provide your contact information so she can email you if she wants to talk to you.

If after all of the above, she avoids you - give up, because you'll be walking right on the edge of stalking by that point. :-)

3. dragonmouth

If she is not replying to your "friend" requests, even messages, I suggest you let things be.
    If she is your current classmate, you could talk to her face to face.
    If she is a classmate from years ago, there obviously is no rush on the "serious matter". It will keep a little longer until she does reply to your messages.