Do downloads from Google Play come out of Wi-Fi or mobile data?

Emilia Drag March 30, 2013

Say I connect myself to my WiFi. If i install a free game from the Google Play does it come out of my data usage on my contract?

1. Uchitha Jayathissa

Normally If you are connected to wifi, its downloaded through wifi. if not 3g network. whatever the connection you have to the internet.

2. null

Thanks guys so much guys! :)

3. Anish P

The way to phones are built give priority to Wifi networks before having the phone rely on cellular data for downloads. So as long as you see the wifi signal at the top of your screen and not '3G' '4G' or 'LTE' or whatever cellular data you have, you're using your wifi radio..

4. DalSan M

As long as there is an internet connection on the Wi-Fi, then the download would be completely find over Wi-Fi. No data usage would be used at all. Most of the downloading should be done over Wi-Fi as it is usually faster and does not use up any data from your data plan.