How can I connect a Windows Vista box with an Ubuntu box in an ad-hoc network?

toot December 25, 2010

There are two boxes: one is the Windows Vista box and the second is the Ubuntu box. I like to connect them for file sharing purpose. What is the recommended way to connect both Windows Vista and Ubuntu on an ad-hoc networking basis?

1. Yo

Samba, NFS, (S)FTP(S), Bluetooth...

2. Edward Law

I wonder if you can use a Belkin Easy Transfer cable (via USB 2.0 ports) to do this?
    I have only seen one in the shops here and haven't used it, but that might be a way to do it.

Or like Spooder has suggested, why not use Dropbox on both machines and share the folder/s you need to transfer? It is a far easier way than anything I've ever used and I have Ubuntu and Windows Vista boxes myself.

You could use dropbox...

I donno if this is what you're looking for, but a quick google search brought be to this promising looking site: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/WifiDocs/ShareEthernetConnectionThroughWireless

• Akshay Mane

ohhh cmon.............For a 4GB game setup.

I will waste hours uploading data..............and again Hours of downloading.

NOT EFFECTIVE....!!!!!!!!!