How can I connect to WiFi networks internationally?

bernard August 31, 2011

Does there exist a portable WiFi unit which I can take with me while traveling to connect with WiFi networks anywhere in the world?

then yes, you already have wifi connectivity. Wifi is generally a global standard, there is no country specific settings (other than how powerful the signal is allowed to be broadcast by routers). 

Of course, that doesnt guarantee you will *find* any wifi networks though. Having a wifi network, let alone a free one , is certainly not guaranteed. If there is one though, your ipad should connect to it just fine...

• Bernard Cotnoir

Thanks for the help so far. I guess what I really need is a broadband mobile unit.our comment here.

2. Cyph3rz

I would recommend the ALFA AWUS036NH the software has worldwide settings for Wi-Fi frequencies. I have this adapter and it's one of the best ever I've purchased.

Bernard,

there are USB WiFi adapters that can extend your computer and enable it to connect to WiFi networks worldwide. But I wonder what device you have and whether it doesn't have WiFi built-in already. Can you please specify with which device you would like to go online?