How can I connect to a WiFi network on my Android 2.2 tablet?

Rohan Kumar April 17, 2012

I have an Android 2.2 tablet and a PPPOE modem. When I connect from my laptop through WiFi it works but I don’t know how to set it up on my tablet. How can I do this?

1. william marino

i want my wifi to connect to my android

2. philly

Most of the tablets will automatically locate your wifi, you should have a icon on the tablet to do this. If you are attempting to connect via your home connection, you can attempt your password to your wireless router. If you are not able to connect to it, pull up your wireless router program and select you want to add a device. Once you have done that it should run your information so you can see your encryption code, on your tablet when it locates your wireless router, enter in the encyption code (not your regular password), and you should connect with smooth sailing

There's probably a PDF manual for your tablet that will have the detailed instructions, but in a nutshell:
      Open Settings
      Click the Wireless & network settings
      Choose your Wi-Fi access point from the list
      Follow the prompts (enter password etc).

Once connected, you can switch Wi-Fi on or off separately in order to connect or disconnect your access point.

4. Susendeep Dutta

Since before Honeycomb release,the Android OS used both on tablets and phone were same,then instructions that applies to phone nearly applies to tablets too in software front.Click on the link below -

http://www.londatiga.net/it/how-to-share-internet-connection-between-pc-and-android-phone-using-wifi/