How do I connect my webcam to my HP Mini PC?

connor December 24, 2011

How do I connect my webcam to my HP Mini PC? I’ve tired everything but it still doesn’t work.

which web cam, which windows version?

1. Click on Start, in the Start search bar type device manager and then press enter. Leave the webcam connected. Be sure you have installed the right driver.
    2. At the device manager window, please check if you see the web cam, right click on the web cam and then click on uninstall.
    3. Restart the computer, the driver web cam will be automatically installed.
    4. Check if the web cam is working.

Hello, are you referring to a USB connected or an incorporated webcam?  If you are referring to a USB connected webcam, it is just a matter of connecting webcam and installing any software provided by it.  You can install the driver from CD if you want and as long as you use a messenger like yahoo, windows messenger, etc, you can use the integrated software to recognize and use it.  You can also connect the USB cable to computer and system might recognized the camera and install the drivers by itself. 

If you are referring to an integrated webcam that worked before but for some reason stopped working, the first thing you could try is checking device manager for warnings for your webcam.  You could also check if your camera is recognized in device manager or not.  It is also a matter of using the manufacturer's CD if any to install drivers and software.  You also have the option of visiting HP site to download the drivers and software for your specific model and operating system.  I do not know your model so I can not point you to specific drivers.  Here is the link for one of the hp mini models.  Make sure to change to your model and operating system and download the hp webcam drivers/software:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=3687085&prodTypeId=321957&prodSeriesId=3687084&swLang=8&taskId=135&swEnvOID=1093#166237

You also have the option of using Recovery partition to recover your camera drivers.  With recovery partition you could recover system applications and also drivers separately.  To reach recovery manager, you  could look in the all programs menu under the HP folder.  Look for recovery manager.