How can I connect my TV to my WiFi network?

Russ Truman November 30, 2011

I have a Vizio TV that I want to connect to our wireless network. It does not have a receiver, but has 3 HDMI ports (CEC and ARC). What do I need to do?

1. spy equipment uk

All material copied from yet another supply

2. Guest

same question fidelis, model sv470xvt.  I appreciate any help.

Hello, can you post the model of your TV?  The only way you can connect it to your wireless network at the moment is by connecting TV to a laptop/computer with wireless connection.  You can accomplish this by using HDMI or VGA cables.  If you post the model, I could find out if your computer can use or is compatible with a wireless dongle.  If it is, it is just a matter of joining you TV to your network. 

• Guest

Guest
      same question fidelis, model sv470xvt.  I appreciate any help

Hello, I am afraid same solution applies to you.  Best option if your desktop doesn't have wireless is to use a laptop with HDMI/VGA Connection.  You also have the option of connecting with a desktop that has a wireless dongle or wireless card.

Another possible option would be by using something similar to what is shown in the next link:

http://www.atlona.com/Atlona-PC-to-HDTV-Projector-or-Monitor-Wireless-adapter-Now-With-1080p.html

I can not really tell you much about them because I haven't used them...but the option is there.