How can I connect a thinPC wirelessly to a Sony Bravia HDTV?
Question by ugecko /

I have a thin client PC running Linux Enterprise. It was connected to my LCD TV via RGB. I have now shifted my workplace and do not have access to the TV.

Kindly suggest a method to connect to my now headless thinPC! It has a LAN Cable (cross) which can be used and I got one wireless dongle just in case I need to use to connect it wirefree. Is there any method by which I can connect wirelessly to my Sony Bravia HDTV and send my display from the thinPC to TV over wireless connection.

Browse other questions & answers in the category , ; tagged ; or ask your own question.

• Dave Drager

This depends a lot on what connections you have at your disposal. Unless I am mistaken, the components you mentioned are for networking, not for display. If your Bravia TV is compatible with the Sony DMX-WL1 you can use that for wireless HDMI connections. However you had said you were using RGB (VGA) to connect your thinPC to your TV. If you only have VGA to work with, you would need to purchase a wireless converter to do so as the hardware you have is not capable of this. One product I found was the Grandtec GWB-4000 which is reasonably prices. Hope that helped and let me know if you have any other questions.

• ugecko

Thanks for the tip. I have TPLINK 54 mbps usb wireless adapter (2 of them) one is connected to my thin client.

Is there any way top connect Sony Bravia TV with my TPLINK Usb adapter and form a network between thin pc and Sony TV and then transit my desktop screen to HDTV with some software to share desktop over lan?

• Dave Drager

Unfortunately – no. The TPLINK USB Adapter only works for a system which has an operating system (and drivers behind them). The USB adapter has nothing to talk to on the Sony side and would not be able to display a feed from your PC. If you installed another thin client – that is a whole other story. You could connect a thin client or PC to the sony TV and then have your other thin client talk to that.

That is really the only way I know to go.