How to connect Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 to an Ad-Hoc network created by Nokia s60v5 using Joikuspot?

Kyem Ghosh October 9, 2012

I got some information that Androids do not support Ad-Hoc network. I have a working WiFi 3G network created by Nokia S60V5 via Joikuspot. Is there any alternative of how to connect SGT2 to my Nokia’s Ad-Hoc?

1. Carlos

I got it to work with BlueVPN (available on Google Play) installed on my Galaxy Tab 2 7" and using my Nokia C-7 data plan. It is not necessary to install anything on your Nokia phone. For more details see: http://bluedunapp.blogspot.it/2012/06/bluevpn-connect-your-android-device-to.html

Go to Google Play and install WiFi / Bluetooth / USB tethering software depending on the type of connection.

• Kyem Ghosh

I've tried different apps available in the Play store. Plz be specific and do answer after you hav got it tested.. Don't jst answer for increasing your points/. plz....

I do not need to answer your stupid question to increase my points. And I did again answer a similar question of yours before seeing this kind of reaction from you. I have enough testimony of people benefiting from my answer and thanking me personally. And I did connect my laptop with my Android ICS smartphone using USB, bluetooth and WiFi over 3G and they all work fine. You simply got to know how to go about doing it even without rooting. So I wish you all the best in finding your solutions. WQe bengalis will always beg for help when we get stuck and then show attitude, that's wht we always lag behind. Anyways cheers!!! Hope you find your solution.

• Kannon Y

I would suggest installing a variety of Ad-hoc enablers in the Play Store - not all of them are 100% reliable, but one of them is bound to work, primarily because you have one of the most popular tablets. Here's a list of some of the better examples.

Good luck Kyem!

• uday

I have a hp laptop with internet connected through wired lan connection of beam.How can I share it to my samsung galaxy tab2 through inbuilt wifi device of my laptop.Ad-hoc is not working.Please suggest some software or proceure to follow.This post is not working.

3. DalSan Mack

Unless you root the tablet and insert the proper files to allow ad hoc networks, there really isn't much you can do. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1591207 shows you what to do after you root your device. Ad hoc will not work any other way.

• Kyem Ghosh

Its not working for the latest devices like the galaxy s3, galaxy tab 2 etc.. a new version of wpa_supplicant file is needed to do so..