How can I connect to a router to install DD-WRT?

mark February 27, 2010

I am trying to make an airlink 101 ar430w into a wireless bridge. I have my laptop connected (wired) to that router in the remote location. In the setup instructions it says to go into my browser and open the router set up page, but when i try, my internet connection times out.

From my personal experience with an Airlink AR430W I bought for the exact same reason as you: it won't work in Bridge Mode.

I successfully installed DD-WRT on it and bridge mode won't work. I think if you do some research you'll find that bridge mode is unsupported on the AR430W.

Good luck, though. If you get it working please post back

Hey Mark

I assume it's timing out because you're not connecting to the right IP address. How do you connect to the router? For the most router it is http://192.168.1.1 ? but not for all.

I recommend you refer to the documentation that came with your router? If you don't have it then there are a couple of sites that you can check for that i.e. RouterPasswords and CIRT.

Once you access the router you may also check out How To Turn An Old Router Into A Wireless Bridge