How do I connect a Photon Plus dongle via the mini USB port of Dell Venue 7?

Drsunil V June 25, 2014

How to connect a Photon Plus dongle via the mini USB port of Dell Venue 7 tablet?

You can use USB OTG cable to connect USB devices.This has been confirmed by XDA developers site.

• Drsunil V

Thanks. The link mentions about USB storage devices but not about USB dongle ie Photon Plus

• Susendeep D

If you try then only you can see that it'll work.I couldn't find in internet to prove that it'll work.

• Drsunil V

In place of trial and error , do you know what factors decide compatibility of tab with via otg for usb storage and for usb dongle photon plus , or both

• Susendeep D

Necessary hardware and drivers are requires to support USB OTG.

You can try USB OTG Checker app to check whether your device supports SUB drives or not.If it doesn't supports,then you'll need to root your device.

Also,kindly see the below thread -

Connect ANY 3G dongle to ANY android tablet

• Drsunil V

Dear , the app mentions about USB data storage but does not mention about USB connectivity ( like Photon Plus ). How to know whether micro-usb port is valid for connectivity through USB dongle?

• Susendeep D

I know that the app mentioned by me is for checking USB drives and not for USB dongles.For that,I'd mentioned an article in above comment.

Well,you can try PPP Widget.

• Dr.sunil V

Thanks. For kitkat , it woud automatically detect photon and plug and play? Have you used photon on an android device?

• Susendeep D

I haven't used Tata Photon Plus and any USB dongle on Android tablet.

maybe this can help?
    Connect Dongle to Android Tablet
    http://mytabletguru.com/steps-to-connect-dongle-to-android-tablet/