How can I connect my Pentium 4 CPU to my TV?

Auzzie December 14, 2010

I have a Konka kp2162ax TV. How can I connect my Pentium 4 CPU to my TV? I think it has an odd socket that looks like S-video cable type. Please help!

1. Ahmed

Pentium 4 PC, sounds a little old. This is what i would do:
    Check the back of the PC where the cable that goes into the monitor connects (graphics card). if there is a round black surface with 6 or so pin holes, that would be S-Video. now your TV should have S-Video input, if not you can pick up SCART adapters (which gives S-Video and audio. )
    The quality you get through S-Video is not very good and so it may not really be worth your time or effort. The best way to connect is to see if your tv has VGA/RGB input (i.e your TV can be used as a PC monitor). This gives great quality and hastle free operation. You go into the tv menu and change to RGB input (rather than TV, AV1, AV2 etc).

For audio you just connect to speaker system or if the tv has an input (if not) into the aformentioned SCART adapter.

All the best

A friend started a new site on learning Arabic , please visit:
    http://www.arabiccourse.org

thanks for the input, Ahmed.

2. Dustin Harper

You would need to either get a video card with VIVO (Video In/Video Out), or a S-Video output. You can also get addon cards that allow video output. These differ on your region, so you would have to look around. Sometimes, you can pick them up pretty cheap, especially with the older S-Video cards. They would be quite a bit cheaper than a USB breakout box with a S-Video output, more than likely.

Also, you would need an audio cable. This is as simple as getting a 1/8" headphone to a 2 RCA cable. Low cost, and can plug right in.