Is it possible to connect a netbook with a DVD player?

subin October 4, 2011

1. Dhiraj Gaurh

DLNA is just like Apple Airplay, umm, sort of. That is if your DVD player is DLNA caapable. netbooks do NOT have composite/component/HDMI inputs. They may have outputs but never have I seen one with an input. Failing DLNA, yes, you need to buy an external DVD drive, slim, USB powered.

2. Subinbhavan Subin333

thanks brothers..........................

Hello, it is possible depending on what the connections available are.  Without knowing more, I would say your best bet is to get an external cd/dvd drive.

Depends on what you want to do with it.

If you want to use it as an external optical drive I would say no, because a DVD Players output is a video signal not a usable data signal.

If you want to watch a DVD from the player on your Netbook ~ possible. 
    But you will need a video input port on your Netbook which you can connect the DVD player to. Also your Netbook will only act as an display for the video input signal. You won't be able to control the DVD menu with your mouse or something.