How can I connect my MacBook to my LCD TV to watch Netflix?

Jason June 9, 2011

I have a new 52″ LCD TV with a HDMI port. How can I connect my MacBook, so I can watch Netflix on my TV without buying Apple TV.

1. Daltoniamagee

how do i connect my watch netflix on my phone and connect it to my sanyo tv

2. Satsantokh1008

how do i recognize net flix from macbook to tv--have  and mini dvi to hdmi only see screen saver--no items on desktop view on tv

• Andrea Galli

You have to change the external monitor from extended desktop to mirror mode.
      Go to System Preferences, Display, Arrangement and toggle the Mirror Display checkbox.

(Assumed that I understood your question correctly...)

• Lena G

I searched high and low for a solution to this problem! Thank you for that answer!!!

• Ellen

THANK YOU!!! My husband and I tried to figure this out for an hour and a half before we found your comment. Thank you!!!

Jason,

was your question answered? Please let us know!

The least expensive method will be to get an HDMI Adapter and connect both devices using an HDMI cable. 

Depending on the age of your MacBook this can be either a Mini-DisplayPort to HDMI or Mini-DVI to HDMI Adapter.If you already own a Mini-DVI/DisplayPort to DVI Adapter you can go for a DVI to HDMI Adapter which is even less expensive. Another option would be an DVI to HDMI cable but this which again, will cost you a bit more than the other options.As for the adapters you don't necessarily need an Apple branded product. Alternatives are cheaper in most cases and work just as good.