How can I connect my laptop to my TV so that I can see the laptop screen on the TV?

randy November 29, 2011

I have a new Vizio LED TV. I wonder if I can watch my ESPN3 games on TV by hooking laptop to TV with a USB to USB cord. I now watch the games on laptop only. My TV has a USB port.

Hello, according to the specs in your TV in the following page, it has integrated wireless:

The easiest way of doing this for you, would be to get something like the following:

No cables needed, and you can stream music, video, pictures etc, to any device in your network.  If by any chance, your games are saved in an external hard drive, make sure that your hard drive is shared in your network.  Also keep in mind, that the format the games are in might also affect if you can watch it in your TV.

The option of connecting with HDMI, VGA cable works too.  I do not think it works with usb to usb

• Wvufan Randy

thanks fidelis, had never heard of twonky before.

no problem

can you mention the models : visio tv and laptop ?

the cable you need depends on the ports on your tv and laptop.
    perhaps you need a vga or hdmi cable.

choose a cable according to these ports in the picture:

have you checked this guide from MakeUseof