How can I connect to a LAN network using the Ubuntu 10.04.02 live CD trial?
Question by baiju /

How can I connect to a LAN network using Live CD Ubuntu 10.04.02 (trial only)?

were you able to connect to the LAN network with the Ubuntu LiveCD? Please let us know in case you need more help. Thank you!

• Gustavo Ibargüengoytia

Depends on how you are trying to connect. If you are trying to connect through a wireless connection you might have some problems since depending on your computers wireless device its drivers might not be automatically installed. If that is the case you should get a message letting you know that you need to enable a wireless drivers (usually the Broadcom brand has this type of problems) but redundantly to enable the drivers you must use an internet connection and to solve that you can use an Ethernet cable to connect your computer to your modem or router and that should work letting you browse the web, update your system, install the wireless device drivers, etc.

If you are using a wired connection and can’t connect to the internet I suggest you check this out:

I recommend searching the Ubuntu help forums and then posting all of this type of issues. Most of them have a solution waiting for you in there :)

Hope this helps.