Why can’t I connect to the iTunes store on my iPad?
Question by Seemin Shafi /

I am suddenly unable to connect to the iTunes store from my iPad. It was working fine till this morning and now says “unable to connect to iTunes store” – what could be wrong?

• April Eum

try to log off from your ipad and itunes, or reset password and try relogging in

• Lieschen Müller

You didn’t mention whether it’s a Wi-Fi + 3G or Wi-Fi only device, if the first: any difference whether using Wi-Fi or 3G? If the latter: access possible from another Wi-Fi network? Access might be blocked by e.g. a firewall…

When unable to access the store fom any network, and provided you can access the internet on your iPad at all AND log on to your iTunes Store account on other device, e.g. your computer:

1. log off the store on your iPad (settings -> store)
    2. close all apps still running, at least the iTunes / App Store: double-click home button, tap and hold one of the icons in the dock until wiggling, tap the small minus badge
    3. reset network settings (settings -> general -> reset network settings)
    > log on to iTunes Store after reboot, try accessing the Store
    4. if still failing you might have to additionally reset all settings

• Dave Jaratt

I had the same problem with Ipod Touch. I unistalled iTunes then reinstalled.I checked that I could log in with my user name etc,which I couldn’t so I reinvented a new name and password. Once in, I opened preferences and made sure that the boxes were checked for connect automatically and Sync when I connect were ticked. I top up my battery via my computer which is why I tick connect to iTunes when I connect. It worked for me -well so far anyway,but the jinx may return. Good Luck!!

Can’t connect to the iTunes Store

1)Settings / General / Reset / Reset Network Settings.
    2) Restart the iPad. Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button until the red slider appears. Slide your finger across the slider to turn off iPad. To turn iPad back on, press and hold the Sleep/Wake until the Apple logo appears.
    3)Launch iTunes on your computer. From the menu bar click Store / View My Account then click: Edit Payment Information
    4) Make sure your credit card information is correct and the Security Code is available.
    5)reset your Apple ID password.

TS1368: Can’t connect to the iTunes Store

• Avish Kansakar

or if the ipad is connected to any wifi

• Avish Kansakar

Did you check if your wifi was on or not?

Are other network services still working or have they died as well?