Why can I not connect my iPod Touch to the internet using Connectify?
Question by Albert /

I created a hotspot using Connectify in my laptop. I tried connecting my iPod Touch (fourth generation) to that network, but it failed to connect. Can somebody tell me why, and how to fix this problem?

• kikiluck

I’ve met the same problem before and asked for help but no response. Then I try a new software named Virtual Hotspot. It’s super easy to use. All my iPhone, iPod touch and NDS can connected without any problems. Most importantly, it’s free! Free! Free again! That is why I love Virtual Hotspot the most. Try Google it.

• Swapnil Vijayvargiya

the name of ur 
    should not be same as the phone’s name
    pc or laptop ….LUX

• leo

what do i have to put in settings so it works?

• Jplowe905

I have the same problem still, I have tried all the settings. Is it because I use SIERRA WIRELESS Telstra 4G or is it Connectify its self?

• Jplowe905

Same problem try and get the latest connectify version

• Shashankdombe

I am trying to connect the androi mobile phone to laptop using connectify for internet. It connected and some times I can get internet access and it drops suddenly/randomly once in ten seconds and there is no pattern for loosing net access.. But wifi will be connected always. Beginning I checked with my internet, but it is fine. only connectify is dropping the net access.
      Any ideas will be appreciated.

• Alexey Makhnev

Can I use Connectify via squid proxy with authentication?

I haven’t spent more than a few minutes with Connectify itself so I can only assume that it works like a normal router.

As for the squid proxy… I have never worked with authentication but my guess is that it’s really just to allow or disallow access. In that case there should be no problem.

If, however, it does some additional IP source checks in relation to the authentication it might block devices behind Connectify since all requests seem to come from the same source IP (the computer hosting Connectify)

Not being able to connect with your iPod touch can only be a mismatch of security settings. Make sure you select the same security (WEP,WPA/WPA2) and input the same pass phrase.

One additional thing you have to be aware of:
    If you connect to your internet via WiFi and simultaneously want to share that connection via WiFi you need at least Windows 7 (prior versions do not support Virtual WiFi).