How can I connect to the internet with my new Windows Vista laptop?

Dean Jacobs November 2, 2012

I have been given a laptop with Windows Vista; the first time I have used something other than Windows XP. I have two Android devices that I can log on to both of the networks where I live with full internet access. But with this laptop I can log on to both, but only one allows internet access, whereas the other allows Local only. Others using this network have no problems. How do I change my setting to allow net access?

1. Sashritha Peiris

Try my way of doing things. Go near the router that provides only local only access and find an ethernet cable. Connect the ethernet cable to the router but not to the computer. At the same time as "connect" button on the computer plug the ethernet cable into your computer.

2. Rakesh Mishra

u can check in the network settings

3. Boni Oloff

You want to connect to 2 wireless provider in a time?

4. Nikhil Chandak

use connectify hotspot

5. Naveen Kumar

take a look at this.It will help you

The link below is helpful for setting up internet which would be easy to setup -

7. Aniket Singh

do ipconfig /all in command prompt (cmd.exe) and see whether it displays correct IP DNS server info... If it doesn’t display correct and valid IP then there is an error.
    Try this microsoft fix it
    Fixing the Windows Vista cannot obtain an IP address from certain routers or from certain non-Microsoft DHCP servers