How can you connect to the Internet via dial-up on a Windows 7 PC?
Question by Janeesh VJ /

How can you connect to the Internet via dial-up on a Windows 7 PC? I want to do this without any additional software. Is it possible?

Browse other questions & answers in the category , ; tagged , , , , .
Windows_10
Windows_10
Windows Tips
Windows Tips
Windows Troubleshooting
Windows Troubleshooting
Best Windows Software
Best Windows Software
Smart Home Gadgets
Smart Home Gadgets
Home Entertainment
Home Entertainment

• Umair Adil

You can create a new Dial up connection from the control panel.

• Ben Mordecai

As others mentions, yes it's possible, but why would you want to? Broadband is getting to be cheaper than a landline and the user experience of dial-up internet is terrible.

• syed Muhammad Ali naqvi shah

your connect to the Internet via dial-up on a Windows 7 PC

Step wise

1. Click on the Start Button and Control Panel then click on the Network and Internet option.
    2. Select “Network and Sharing Center ” from the top of the screen.
    3. Next, Select “Set up a new Connection or Network”
    4. Select “Set up a dial-up connection” from the menu options.
    5. Set up the dialup number with the area code included, as shown. Choose your User Name and Password. There is also an option at the bottom to select if multiple people will use this connection.
    Then click connect and you are done!

Hope this helps!

• Muhammad Ahsan

I have dial-up connection. when I connect to Internet it show me connected. but its can not give me to access internet. the connection i use in my notebook was my another PC connection. In this PC I can easily access internet.
      I change the mac Address of my notebook then also its not working.

Plz help me.

• Mohan Nath

yes, it is possible
    first you should have the driver to the modem
    just follow the below steps:
    click 'start'->control panel ->Network and Sharing Center ->Set up a new connection or network
    now you see a pop-up window in that click "Connect to the Internet" the press the next button. then in the next page press the dial-up and you will see a e pop-up.
    In that put *99***2# if you use sony ericsion .put*99***1# or *99# for all mobile phone.leave the user name and password as blank. now press create button.
    now click start -> right click on my computer ->properties -> device manager -> press modems and double click in the modem that you want to use -> now a new pop-up windows is open ->click the advance tab in that pop-up ->in the extra initialization commands type : AT+CGDCONT=1,"IP","TATA.DOCOMO.INTERNET"
    Now press ok button
    now the connection is ready for you enjoy to surf the internet!!!!!!!!!!!

• Suman Acharya

yes it is and easy!
    you can 'open network and sharing center' just by clicking the network icon in the system tray. then choose set-up a new connection or network. choose ste-up a dial-up connection.
    In Nepal - we put #777 in Dial-up phone number.
    our phone number in phone number
    and the same phone number in password.
    don't know why but it won't work the other way!

Yup, it's possible. Just go to Control Panel -> Network and Sharing Center then click on 'Set up a new connection or network' to launch a wizard to help you get it configured. On the first screen of the wizard, select 'Set up a dial-up connection'. Fill in your account details, including the phone number, username, password and a name for the connection and click the Connect button. Once the details are confirmed with an initial login, the connection will then appear with any others you have in the Network and Sharing Center.