Can I connect my external disk drive to a Toshiba TV via the USB port to watch movies?
Question by Fran /

I’m trying to establish if I can watch movies that I have on my external hard drive through the Toshiba 32AV800 32″ TV I’m thinking of buying. The TV has USB port, but only mentions upload of jpegs in the product spec, nothing about movies…

Browse other questions & answers in the category ; tagged , , , , ; or ask your own question.

• Gary Harandoyle

Aggggh, I have a Toshiba 40PB10E and it doesn’t seem to recognise my external hard drive but it does recognise my friends…  his is 16gb, mine 160gb, both are FAT32 – any ideas?

when mine is plugged in, a warning message comes up “usb over current setup. detected.  unplug tv and disconnect drive” or words to that effect

are you still looking for a solution to your issue with hardware recognition?

It looks like you won’t receive a response within this comment thread. From experience I know that you have a better chance of receiving some feedback and solutions when your question hits the front page of MakeUseOf Answers. Hence, I recommend you to ask a new question.

• Gabriel Oliver W

No you cant!, that model does not support videos, go for PS10 series in toshiba, those support videos :)

If the product specs don not mention the ability to watch e.g. DivX, H.264 or mp4 files from an external USB drive you probably can’t.