How can I connect my Compaq Presario X1000 laptop with my Nokia C2-01 phone via USB?

naveen kumar April 26, 2012

How can I connect my Compaq Presario X1000 laptop with my Nokia C2-01 phone via USB? What network drivers do I need to download?

1. Nicknem

Well,if you wish to connect the handset to your laptop you just need the nokia pc suite or ovi suite as all the required drivers are present in them..ALL you need to do is to select pc/ovi suite when handset asks options such as
    1)mass storage,
    2)pc suite,
    3)print media..

OVI suite is preferred due to its good functionality..

• Kyem Ghosh

you have just pointed out the things that I missed out. But in all of these three modes, the computer should install the phone as Nokia Mass storage device and Nokia Modem. I'll suggest to download the ovi suit and also download the nokia usb cable driver separately such that when there is any malfunction, you can uninstall the cable driver from the control panel and reinstall the cable driver you downloaded. Plz download these from the original nokia website. This would freshly reinstall the phone hardware again. (I do it often when my N72 fails to connect properly and says 'USB device is not recognized....'). Make sure to connect the usb cable properly to the phone.

2. Kyem Ghosh

you need to download the latest ovi suit first as the drivers are updated for the new nokia phones. Any old nokia PC suit will not help you to connect the phone to any of your computer or laptop. Your problem will be surely solved by this