How can I connect a CD/DVD player to my netbook?

Sharon Galaviz August 6, 2010

I just got a Canon digital camera that comes with a CD to be inserted into my computer. I have a netbook! Can I use a regular CD/DVD player plugged into mic to download? Or just skip it?

1. Familiana

I'd like to watch a movie played by my DVD player, but I'd like to connect it to my netbook. I tried connecting with Lan cable, but nothing happened. Is it possible to connect my small DVD player to the Netbook so I can watch it from the Netbook?

Familiana,

I recommend that you submit a new question. Please click the Ask a Question link on http://www.makeuseof.com/answers

• Candy

is there a way to reboot your laptop without dvd drive and usb but with a cd

See above, please ask a new question.

Mic as in Microphone?

You can always burn an image of the CD using nero and then run it through a program called Daemon Tools.

If you want instructions on that, let me know.

Sharon,

if your CD/DVD player can be connected to your PC via USB, you can use it. But it sounds like this is not an option since you ask to connect it through the mic. The mic can only record audio, but it can not transfer other data.

You could use another computer that has a CD/DVD drive and copy the contents of the CD to a USB flash drive. Then you could connect the flash drive to your netbook and access the data that you copied from the CD.