Can I connect an Android Tablet to a phone via Bluetooth to make calls through my Android applications?
Question by Soumya Vashista /

I wish to connect my Android application that is running on an Android tablet to connect to a normal cell phone.

This connection should be made using Bluetooth.

So whenever I press the call button from my app. It should connect the phone through Bluetooth and make a call. This is to avoid the user from typing the number on the phone. The phone itself is not a “smartphone” so I can’t just install an app on it.

• Anil

Try blue vpn apk .it will connect ur android tab with a bluetooth enabled cellphone for internet.

• Sean Finnerty

You could download Google Voice app (free) and Groove IP app ($5) to your tablet and make free calls right from your tablet over wifi.

• Charlie Runkle

You could download Google Voice app (free) and Groove IP app ($5) to your tablet and make calls from your tablet for free over wifi…

• Kannon Y

There are some Java applications that can tether, such as PDANet, but unless you have some means of installing an application on your phone, then it’s just not possible to tether. And even if you do have a Java phone, it’s completely in the air whether or not a tethering app will work/be available.

Wireless providers have done everything possible to prevent customers from using their phones to tether, partly because it allows users to actually use their unlimited data plans and partly because they offer tether plans that are separate (and ridiculously expensive) from data plans.

The US legal system has discouraged this behavior to some extent, recently ruling against Verizon’s ridiculous attempts to charge customers for using tethering apps.

I suggest that you look at some inexpensive Android phones that can receive a tethering application. I’ve heard good things about the Micromax A50.

It is not possible.

• Thomas Vercamer

I don’t think that is possible yet. It might have been possible if you had an android smartphone, but even then it would be a long-shot…