How do I connect my Android tablet to my GMail account?

Claire November 26, 2011

I tried plugging my Android into my computer and installing the apps from the Android Market website, but a message always pops up that says “This account doesn’t have Android connected to it. Try logging in with a different account”. What do I do?

1. Carol Clay

when I get on my gmail accounts I cant read them or change them.

2. Carol Clay

My husband has an gmail account on our android table. I have tried to access my gmail account and put it on an app but I cant seem to get it.

3. krishna prajapati

when i open my tab initially it is asked to put my google id n password.
    is there any solution for this..

4. Dsturgis07

How can I connect my tablet calender to my aol account

5. Simba Tabby

I install the android market or play store onto my android tablet. And it always says "do you wish create an account now", so i click yes and it closes it?? How do i create an account on my tablet??

6. Wilson6747

Ok really mad rite meow I got Android tablet and I'm tryin to download angry birds for it and it keeps sayin "there is no Android phone associated with this account"I don't have a Android fone I got a lg fone someone help please.

7. bianca92

HELP!! how can I get my tablet seen by my android market account? I don't have an android phone.... like I am asked!!!

8. Harry Zekavat

I bought a Toshiba tablet w/ wi. Fi. I have a Samsung android cell. I want to connect my tablet to cell via apps and. Use it to connect to internet. Thanks harry

9. Amman

i put my old email address and now i have got a new email address i am dying for help and no one has my answers!!! i dont want to reset my phone and pay £15 please help!!!!

• will

yes  if u want heple i can hple u 

10. Justinbeiber1996

i have an andriod tablet 2.2 and i was wanting to see how to connect my andriod tablet to my gmail but some reason it wont let me install apps from to the computer to my tablet please help me if anybody has any idea of what to do helppp pleasee!!!!!

How to Install Applications on the Android Tablet PC
      http://www.apadcanada.com/how-to-install-applications-on-the-android-tablet-pc

well if you have the applications on the desktop, then load them to the tablet via usb connection.

1) download Astro File Manager (2 MB) to your android mobile
      2) Download .apk files to pc
      3) Connect tablet to computer. Copy all .apk files into the memory card of ur
      phone.4) Browse these .apk files through Astro File Manager 

or
      if you only have the .apk on your computer, upload it to dropbox, open dropbox
      app on android, click file, install

11. Schannyl38

hello i have a new tablet sylvania tablet and i want to add it to my gmail account but the list of tablets doesnt include mine what do i do to get android apps its a android base tablet 

Schannyl,

this is a different question than the original one above. Please post a new question. Thank you!

Hello, is there an android market icon in your tablet?  If there is, click on it and it will ask you for your gmail account.  Try and see if it lets you.  If not, you would have to download the .apk files for apps to your computer.  Then connect tablet to your computer with USB cable and transfer apps to memory card.  Install apps from there.

12. YeahYeah

under where your login info is on the android market  click on join google and that will connect your account to the anroid market

13. Allysonf

Help me. I have A new android tablet and i cant get any apps from android market online. I have it already on my tablet but it dosent have many apps. It keeps saying i need to add a device i have a gmail account but i dont know how to add my tablet to gmail. I tried both what people posted on here but it still isnt working. I got this on christmas and i have done nothing but trying this and nothing is working i was hapy when i got this but now its annoying and wanna throw this thing out the window!!!!

14. Susendeep Dutta

1) Login to your account and go to My Account-->Dashboard.(using your tablet)
    2) It will take you to your profile.Then click on  "Manage Mobile Device" .
    3) Input your phone number and then tap on "not what your are looking for?".
    4) Input checkout, and then a check out will show up
    where you can input your credit card, so you can pay for your apps if
    you so choose to.

If this doesn't works then try this -

1) Log-in to the Google Market Website - http://market.android.com
    2) Tap on My Account.Go to Password Recovery link.
    3) Now to validate whether it’s you, enter your Google account password.
    4) In the SMS Section -
       a) Tap on Edit.
       b) If you already see the your phone number is written there, then
    delete that phone number, but if no number or some other number is
    present, then you can go to step (f) directly.
      c) Save it and sign out.
      d) Sign-in again to the android market website, and go back to same page, if prompted.
      e) Enter your phone number there and save it.
      f) Sign Out.

• Javarn26

I have an android tablet 2.2. When you say enter your phone number, is there a special ID you can get from the tablet?

• Susendeep Dutta

What you can get a number is only IMEI number which is printed on the manual or in the packaging of your tablet.

• Gilbert1256

I cannot find my IMEI number is there any other way of doing it.

• Susendeep Dutta

You can get IMEI no. of a tablet which has 3G connectivity.
      You can go to Settings-->About tablet-->Status.

Source - http://mrintech.com/find-international-mobile-equipment-identity-imei-number-of-android-mobile-phone

• Nesse

its simple, u can see d device, beneath the battery it ll provide the IMEI number

15. Alesha

i did that and it still has that message for me too! Im so upset I cant play the games I want on my tablet! Someone please help me!!!

-Log out from google account first
    -go to internet address and type https://market.android.com/ from your android tablet
    -click sign in on top right corner and give your login ID and password
    -You should have Google account to do this, if you do not have an account - create one first
    -after login to account - wait for 5 min and log off from tablet
    -now go to https://market.android.com/ and login from your computer
    -click install on which ever application you want to download

• Gothicstar909

Did this work for anyone else cause im trying it now :D