How to configure Pocket Putty on a hand held device to access a remote server?

Andrew Vito September 15, 2012

I have a hand held device running on Windows Mobile & would like it to connect to a remote server & run an application. The requirement is that it should use Telnet to connect. From cmd the command will be telnet myserver 28023 and this will open the program & enable me to use the application on the handheld.

I have downloaded Pocket Putty, but can’t figure out how to configure it to run the cmd telnet myserver 28023.

On the Session tab in the program configuration, enter 'myserver' in the Host Name field, enter 28023 in the Port field and select Telnet from the drop-down list. You may want to save it as a stored configuration. Then hit the Open button to connect to the server. At this point the server should ask for your username and password. Enter the appropriate information and you should be connected to the machine.Telnet is not exactly the most secure protocol to be using like this either. Is there a particular reason that the server is not using SSH instead?