Can you help me configure Internet Download Manager so that all my downloads use it?

Tim Farquhar October 29, 2012

I run Windows XP Pro and use the latest Firefox but I’m not very computer literate. I need help getting Internet Download Manager to take over all my downloads instead of the slow as hell one that comes with XP Pro. I just recently had to have my computer wiped and reloaded from scratch. I need some step by step, including were to find settings that I’ll need to get into to change things are to change.

I’m hoping someone will be very patient :)

Thanks!

1. Shahbaz Amin

I normally go and check Advanced browswer integration option and it works as I think should?

2. kumar raja

U can Download video automatically by clicking the Link or It will show the download Button on top of the window by following the below procedure

In option Menu>General Tab>Keys U can enable those

3. Rakesh Mishra

in the settings set the idm to default downloader and enjoy it

4. dhanunjayarao chunduri

After you install IDM, open it and right there you will see an icon named Options.
    Tick on Run module for monitoring IE Based browsers, Use advanced Browser Integration & capture downloads from (The browser you will be using, if not sure, tick all)

Hey, good to know that you are trying to learn. Technology is something you can learn by continuous practice but the faster way is to come here :)

Anyways , regarding your IDM problem, please make sure you have checked the first four options on the General Options tab ( all may not be necessary but it helps a smoother using experience). For options, you can go to the Downloads Tab in the main window of the software & click the General tab. Also ensure that you have checked the Mozilla / Mozilla Firefox options in the "Capture Downloads from the following browsers " which is in the same general (options) tab. Check out these things & make sure to come up with ur answers / problems again .

Cheers !!

6. Boni Oloff

Maybe it is because the internet connection itself is not so fast, but for the setting, open the OPtions in IDM, and click Connections Tab, and change the number of connetion to 16.

7. Gordon Scott

There is little to no reason to use these download managers. Just click and download the file you want..how hard is that?

8. ReĆ½ Aetar

to be honest the latest version of the download manager dont support the latest versions of any modern browser they need time to update though they will support internet explorer that comes with xp
    instead try an old version of your fav browser and reinstall the download manager that will surely help

9. Dave Rimmer

Click on Start/All Programs scroll down to IDM and open it. Click on Downloads at the top, Scroll down to Options and click on it, IDM Configuration will open up Click on the General Tab you will notice the Capture Downloads From The Following Browsers make sure Firefox is Checked and any other Browsers you use.

They were all checked, please read above reply. Maybe you have a suggestion.

10. Bill Bowman

What Download manager do you use. I use Flash Got works in firefox and it prompted me what to use!

11. Nikhil Chandak

I think my download was bad it kept saying it was a bad serial number after I checked the Advance Browser box, in options. Now I just have the sucky Windows Downloader and am sad. Idm wont do anything about the bad serial and I can't afford to get it again, It's a shame I really love that downloader.

If you are facing problems in registration,have a look at the link below for help -

http://www.internetdownloadmanager.com/reghelp.html

Contact their support for this issue if still unable to solve it-

http://www.internetdownloadmanager.com/register/new_faq/main.cgi

You are not satisfied with the speeds of the download manager without using IDM.It's the download manager of Firefox you use to download files and is not so designed for faster downloads.

You need to make integration of IDM with Firefox browser.There's no setting during installation of Windows for choosing a way for downloads from internet.

Firstly,try the official method descried by IDM -

http://www.internetdownloadmanager.com/support/firefox_integration.html

If it doesn't works or it's difficult for you to understand,then the below link is also helpful -

http://howto.medinfo24.com/how-to-integrate-idm-with-mozilla-firefox-latest-versions/

13. Patrick Jackson

I think that you rather use Free Download Manager. It is open source and completely free and a portable edition is also there so it would not leave any trace in your computer. I has monitoring feature and would even download a link copied to the clipboard!

Were can I get it?

Visit the link below -

http://www.freedownloadmanager.org/

Will this Manager work with the latest version of Firefox? I tried contacting IDM's customer service , but they just said sorry they can't help me since I paid my service tech for the program on Saturday when he wiper and reloaded my computer. I tried getting my money back from the tech and he said "There was no guarantees on any of the programs he installed, and since he had to pay for the Reg. that there were no refunds." All I need is a valid Reg. and I'll have back my IDM. I had the program for years before I got a Trojan, through Yahoo scammers, and really want it back. But I'm disabled and live on a very small disability payment each month and can't afford to pay for IDM twice. I feel so foolish getting a Trojan and then getting scammed by the tech.

Yes it works and I had tried it too.Since it's free,there is no harm trying it.

14. Vipul Jain

These options alone should be enough, you can reply back if still IDM doesn't catches your downloads. :)

• Lisa Santika Onggrid

I wanted to answer but Vipul has already done so.
      However, be sure you use the latest version of IDM because the old version wouldn't work with Firefox 16 onwards.

Thanks.......

• Vipul Jain

no problem and if you reply directly to me here i'll get a EMail notification so i can get back to ASAP.
      So what more problem you got?

• Roxana

Dear, Vipul, i am having a trouble too with IDM, they asking serial no and registration too, i cand do any download please help me

Thanks Vipul,
      You got exactly what I needed, but it's still not working can I give you my email address? I need to ask you some questions and can respond faster to my email.

This is a good site and you can get to ask any further question related to this topic in this thread.It would be helpful to others too and it's faster.

• Vipul Jain

IDM is a paid software. So you'll need a serial number to activate it. In case you haven't bought it, you can always try many other accelerators like JDownloader or Orbit Downloader..