Why can’t I see other computers in my Homegroup?

Randy Mumford December 19, 2011

Sometimes I can see & access other computers in my Homegroup, but at other times Windows says that there are no other Homegroup computers available even though they are connected & “awake”. How can I fix this so that I can always access all of my PCs?

Hello, have you checked if the computers appear when you click on the   Network button when clicking the orb?  Do all the computers belong to same workgroup?.  What works most times, is to remove all the computers from the workgroup.  Once that is done, make sure to recreate it and rejoin all the computers. 

The following links will provide with more information about troubleshooting and extra reading material.  The first one, might not apply to you, it doesn't hurt for you to read it:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Why-can-t-I-connect-to-a-network

You could also try running the Homegroup troubleshooter:

-- click on orb
    -- type the following in search box:  troubleshooter
    -- once troubleshooting page opens, click on view all
    -- select Homegroup
    -- click on next
    -- follow the instructions and/or select according to your issue

Hopefully any of these will fix your issue.

Try this microsoft fixit
    Why can't I join a homegroup?
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Why-can-t-I-join-a-homegroup

Temporarily disable the antivirus software and firewall also and check if the issue persists.

1)Click Start button In the search box type: services.msc and hit enter.
    2) Scroll down to Peer Networking Grouping and HomeGroup Provider services, you should see the word Started. If you don't see this, double-click the name of the service, and then clickStart and set the startup type of the service as “Automatic”.

• Randy Mumford

It worked ! Setting these to Auto Start resolved the problem. Thanx so much.

Randy

Glad that worked with you, thanks for your feedback