Why is my computer always installing updates when I shut down?

Jordan March 4, 2012

Whenever I shut down my computer, it always says it’s installing updates 1 of 9. This is recent, it never used to do that! What’s happening ??

1. rahul

i suggest to turn on updates.it helps your computer against antivirus

2. M.S. Smith

The answers here will work, but I want to advise you NOT to turn of automatic updates. It is extremely important to keep Windows up to date, as some updates include critical security patches. If they are not installed your computer may be vulnerable to exploits that can circumvent any installed anti-virus software or firewall.

3. Adrian Wisnu Putra

because your update setting for windows still on the default (automatic update), so just choose the setting in Control PanelSystem and SecurityWindows UpdateChange settings..

4. Pétur Ingi Egilsson

Click the Windows button, goto Control Panel.

Type “update” in the search box (1)Click “Windows Update” (2) 

Click “Change settings”

Choose “Download updates but let me choose whether to install them”

From now on, this little guy will appear once in a while in the bottom right corner of your screen. Click them whenever you want to install those updates.

5. Hafis Ismail

You have to turn off the windows automatic update by going to control panel--> automatic updates

first check the 1-9 updates are really installed or something went wrong and windows update tries to reinstall all over agian.

The logical answer would be that Windows Update is set to automatically download and install new updates. 

However, even if you shutdown your computer once a week this shouldn't account for up to 9 updates every single time. My guess is that one or more updates fail to install and therefor abort all of them until the next time you shut your system down.

I suggest to manually visit Microsoft Update [using Internet Explorer] or the "Windows Update" entry within the Start Menu.

Click and review the Update History for failed installations. Then deselect all pending updates and try to:
    (a) select all updates but those that failed and install them.
    (b) only select the update that failed and install it.

Once that is done install all remaining updates.

8. Rajpal Grewal

Jordan You just have to change the update settings of windows

Go to Control Panel click on Windows Update Under Important updates there is a drop down menu where you can set what you have to do..You can select check for updates but let me choose whether to download and install them if you want to get updated or you can select don't download .

• Fight Drango

Thank you! i'm success.